A career information survey is a survey or a set of written questions which are aimed at knowing the knowledge or information level of the respondent about a career he wishes to have. These questions can be either subjective or objective and must be well framed. A survey of this kind is generally conducted amongst final year students who are about to start a fresh career.
Sample Career Information Survey:
1. Which of the following fields do you belong to?
d) Other(please mention the name)
2. Do you have a career choice in mind or a goal set for yourself after completion of studies?
3. If yes, then what is your dream career?
4. Have you done a research or study of the various facets of this career choice?
5. Describe in brief the steps you would have to take to reach your desired career choice or goal you have set up for yourself.
6. Would you be sitting for an entrance examination or interview to begin you desired career?
7. If yes, then are you aware of the kind of questions asked or the preparations needed to clear these examinations or interviews?
8. Are you aware of the risks involved in this types of a career or the disadvantages (if any)?
9. Does this career choice originate from the salary point of view or your interest factor?