A survey is a kind of a research which is used to find out the results of a certain topic, issue or occurrence. A survey is conducted by a person or an organisation to know about the common opinion of different people on a topic, product, social issue, service etc. Surveys are effective to know about the common conclusion or thinking of a group of people and thus help to analyse the results so as to come to a concrete result about something.
There are many different types of surveys which are broadly categorised into two major headings-questionnaires and interviews.
- Questionnaires- A questionnaire is a written type of a survey which is conducted by an organisation and is distributed amongst different people so as to know their opinion or view about the topic or heading of the survey. These questionnaires are then evaluated so as to know about the common thinking or conclusion. These questionnaires can help the survey conducting organisation to make relevant changes or improvements so as to suit the need of the respondents or act as per their expectations.
- Interviews- an interview is a verbal form of a survey in which questions are orally asked from the target group of people and answers are recorded or written down. Based upon the answers of the respondents, the survey conducting organisations can evaluate specific results and point out findings from the answers.
Questionnaires are further divided into many different types or categories. Some of them are given as follows:
- Employee satisfaction questionnaire
- Customer satisfaction questionnaire
- Employee salary questionnaire
- Sales questionnaire
Interviews are also further divided into many different types or categories. Some of them are given as follows:
- Employee feedback interview
- Customer feedback interview
- Student feedback interview
Similarly there are many different types and categories of surveys used across the world.